That is actually a science now. The science of clutter. Leave it to the Western world to need to come up with a scientific name for "too much stuff in all the wrong places." I don't think they have Clutterology in most of Africa.
With the start of the new year I always get an itch to de-clutter. I think this Saturday I'm going to be taking a trunk full of stuff to Goodwill. Or posting a bunch of stuff on Craigslist.
I like organization. No, let me rephrase. I love organization. I like rows and color coordination and dividers. They make me happy. I've always been this way. Apparently, when I was very young and my mom would take me to the grocery store, when we were in line at the checkout I would put the candy bars back in their proper place. I'm telling you, it's inherent.
Here is one of my favorite clutterology tips:
When dealing with snail mail or email, do one of the four Ds:
- Do it right then.
- Delegate it to someone else
- Date it for when you will do it
- Delete it!
Happy de-cluttering!
6 years ago
2 comments:
YAY for de-cluttering! I bet you never thought you would have thought I would say that. It only took me 26 years to figure out how to keep my room clean.
You have taught me so much of what I know about organizing, all the way down to eating my Skittles in color order. It just seems more methodical that way.
Post a Comment