Monday, September 13, 2010

Adventures... and what to wear...

Last year at this time I got to have a little adventure in being single (i.e. a Singles Conference). You may remember, I thought the best part was getting to play dress-up (see here).

Well, a year later I find myself continuing in the adventure of being single and lo and behold, there was another Singles Conference.

So, I got to play dress-up again.

This year on Friday night I went for "tall, dark, and um... feminine?"

My daughter (who is my glamour photographer) said that I looked like a spy. A very cool, fashionable spy. I took that as a compliment. Someone actually told me recently that I must be a spy and that working at the museum is just my cover, because really, who has ever heard of a Quilt Museum.

Here is my attempt at looking spy-like. Don't laugh. Well, not too hard. You know I do love a good "tough-girl" movie, I do own a floor-length black trench coat, and I do totally want to rock at Tae Kwon Do.

Saturday night I wore a dress. Actually, it was the same red dress I wore last year. I love this dress - why spend money on another one? Besides, another friend told me to wear what I wanted. And I wanted to wear my red dress. (I don't think I've actually worn it since last year!)


OK, this last one still has some "tough-girl" in it. :-) Hey, you've got to be tough in this kind of adventure story!

4 comments:

Meg said...

You look so CUTE! Gorgeous, actually, and super sexy, tough-girl-like (can I double hyphenate that?) Anyway, I hope you had a good time!

Jeff said...

You totally look like a spy. Now I'm just wondering what the secret mission was that you had to make up a singles conference as your cover story.

Paul and Susan said...

You are a beautiful woman Ann!

Robyn said...

Love it! You look great and more important it looked like you were having fun. I hope you take me on your next spy mission. I could use a new outfit!